Transform Your Appearance with a Smile Makeover
Your smile is one of your most unique features, and serves as a reflection of your personality. By combining several custom cosmetic dentistry treatments, Dr. Scott A. Emalfarb can help you achieve the smile of your dreams. During your smile makeover consultation at our Chicago, IL, practice, Dr. Emalfarb will review the dental procedures that may be most appropriate for you. Often, he can stage the procedures to address your most urgent concerns first.
Who Qualifies for a Smile Makeover?
A smile makeover can address many different cosmetic flaws. Therefore, you may qualify for treatment if you struggle with any of the following dental issues:
- Chipped or cracked teeth
- Worn enamel
- Teeth that are of unusual shape or size
- Small gaps between teeth
- An uneven gum line
- Excess gum tissue
Though your aesthetic goals are a major consideration, Dr. Emalfarb will also evaluate your overall oral health when considering your candidacy. Patients will need to undergo periodontal treatment for existing tooth decay or gum disease prior to their smile makeover.
Custom Combinations for a Personalized Makeover
Your smile makeover can include any of the following treatments:
- Porcelain veneers: These thin porcelain shells will fully conceal surface flaws. They have a remarkably lifelike appearance, and are one of the more common treatments included in a makeover.
- Dental bonding: If you are watching your budget, or if you do not qualify for veneers because of enamel erosion, dental bonding can achieve similar effects. With bonding, composite resin is applied to teeth to repair chips, cracks, and stains.
- Gum contouring: Your gums frame your smile. During gum contouring treatment, Dr. Emalfarb will use a surgical laser to resize or reshape your soft tissues. Gum contouring is one of the more common smile makeover treatments.
- Invisalign®: Invisalign® aligner trays are inconspicuous, and can be just as effective as traditional metal braces. This treatment can address minor misalignment, as well as more serious orthodontic issues.
- Teeth whitening: Zoom!® teeth whitening is an affordable, convenient treatment that can give you a dramatically brighter smile, in just one office visit.
Dr. Emalfarb will help you choose the right treatments, based on your personal goals. He will also select the proper order for the procedures. Often, you can choose the treatments that you wish to receive first. However, if you decide on Invisalign® or teeth whitening, he will want to perform these treatments first, since they will affect the way that he performs the rest of your makeover.
Benefits of a Smile Makeover
With an eye for artistry, Dr. Emalfarb will evaluate a number of factors, including your current oral health and aesthetic goals, to formulate your unique treatment plan.
A smile makeover is a transformative procedure. After treatment, you could look years younger. Additionally, your enhanced smile can rejuvenate your whole face. Because of its far-reaching effects, you may feel distinctly more confident after a smile makeover. And like many of our patients, you may smile more often after your treatment. Your new look can affect your mood, happiness, social and professional life.
Begin Your Transformation Today
With his many years of experience, and an eye for artistry, Dr. Emalfarb will evaluate a number of factors, including your current oral health and aesthetic goals, to formulate your unique treatment plan. Contact us today to schedule your smile makeover consultation.