There is a discreet way to straighten your teeth without the look of metal brackets and wires. Invisalign is an innovative method for straightening the teeth with soft plastic trays instead of the hard metal brackets associated with traditional braces. Invisalign trays are both clear and removable making Invisalign one of the most discreet methods for straightening teeth. At Lake View Dental Associates, Dr. Scott Emalfarb is your dentist for Invisalign in Lakeview, IL.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is an innovative and discreet method for straightening teeth. Instead of bracket and wires, Invisalign gently moves the teeth into the desired position using soft aligner trays. One tray is worn over the top arch of teeth, and another is worn over the bottom. The trays are custom made for each patient’s teeth and a new set of trays are provided every few weeks. Each new set helps the teeth continue moving into the desired position. The trays are made from a flexible plastic material and can be removed when eating or to brush and floss.
Advantages of Invisalign
Invisalign offers several advantages over other teeth straightening options. The soft aligner trays are comfortable to wear and will not irritate the mouth or gums, as can happen with braces as the hard brackets and wires can poke the mouth. Another advantage of Invisalign is that the trays are removable so brushing and flossing are easier than with braces. Your Lakeview dentist for Invisalign can help you decide if it is the right teeth straightening option for you. The advantages of Invisalign include:
- Discreet — Since the trays are clear, they are barely noticeable to others.
- Removable — The trays can be removed as needed, such as when eating, brushing, or flossing, or for photo opportunities.
- Comfortable — The trays are made from a flexible plastic material that is soft and comfortable to wear.
- Better Oral Hygiene — Since the trays are removable, the teeth can be thoroughly cleaned more easily than with braces.
- Protect Against Teeth Grinding — The trays provide protection against the wear and tear of teeth grinding or clenching.
Straighten your teeth discreetly with Invisalign. The clear trays are virtually unnoticeable to others and can be removed when needed. For Invisalign, schedule an appointment with Dr. Emalfarb by calling Lake View Dental Associates in Chicago, IL at (773) 472-6322.