Posts for tag: Invisalign
Though in the past they were often looked at as a teenage rite of passage, braces have evolved into a more flexible, versatile treatment for patients of many ages. With various types of braces to choose from, you and your orthodontist can work together to find the best course of treatment for you and your teeth. Find out more about orthodontics and how they can help your smile with Dr. Scott Emalfarb at Lakeview Dental Associates in Chicago, IL.
- Traditional Metal Braces: Traditional braces use metal brackets and wires to move the teeth to their new positions.
- Ceramic Braces: Ceramic braces use tooth-colored brackets and wires for a subtler look.
- Invisalign: Invisalign uses plastic aligner trays to move the teeth into their new positions. Unlike traditional metal braces, Invisalign goes virtually unnoticed, blending into your smile to give you a natural look.
How does orthodontic care work?
Prior to your treatment, your dentist will map out a route on which your teeth will move. Regardless of the type of braces you choose, they will use gentle but steady pressure to move the teeth along the predetermined route until they reach their final positions. In addition to straightening the teeth, orthodontic care can also move the jaw to correct bite issues.
Am I a good candidate for braces?
Dentists recommend braces for patients over the age of 12 as younger patients have still-growing jaws which could hinder treatment. However, in some cases, early intervention may take advantage of a growing jaw. A good candidate for braces also has a strong at-home oral care routine consisting of brushing twice a day and flossing between each tooth at least once.
Orthodontics in Chicago, IL
If you think you can benefit from orthodontic treatment, you should consult with your dentist at Lakeview Dental Associates to ensure that this is the best course of treatment for you and your smile. In some cases, other procedures may be better suited to your needs.
For more information on orthodontics, please contact Dr. Scott Emalfarb at Lakeview Dental Associates in Chicago, IL. Call (773) 472-6322 to schedule your appointment with Dr. Emalfarb today!
There is a discreet way to straighten your teeth without the look of metal brackets and wires. Invisalign is an innovative method for straightening the teeth with soft plastic trays instead of the hard metal brackets associated with traditional braces. Invisalign trays are both clear and removable making Invisalign one of the most discreet methods for straightening teeth. At Lake View Dental Associates, Dr. Scott Emalfarb is your dentist for Invisalign in Lakeview, IL.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is an innovative and discreet method for straightening teeth. Instead of bracket and wires, Invisalign gently moves the teeth into the desired position using soft aligner trays. One tray is worn over the top arch of teeth, and another is worn over the bottom. The trays are custom made for each patient’s teeth and a new set of trays are provided every few weeks. Each new set helps the teeth continue moving into the desired position. The trays are made from a flexible plastic material and can be removed when eating or to brush and floss.
Advantages of Invisalign
Invisalign offers several advantages over other teeth straightening options. The soft aligner trays are comfortable to wear and will not irritate the mouth or gums, as can happen with braces as the hard brackets and wires can poke the mouth. Another advantage of Invisalign is that the trays are removable so brushing and flossing are easier than with braces. Your Lakeview dentist for Invisalign can help you decide if it is the right teeth straightening option for you. The advantages of Invisalign include:
- Discreet — Since the trays are clear, they are barely noticeable to others.
- Removable — The trays can be removed as needed, such as when eating, brushing, or flossing, or for photo opportunities.
- Comfortable — The trays are made from a flexible plastic material that is soft and comfortable to wear.
- Better Oral Hygiene — Since the trays are removable, the teeth can be thoroughly cleaned more easily than with braces.
- Protect Against Teeth Grinding — The trays provide protection against the wear and tear of teeth grinding or clenching.
Straighten your teeth discreetly with Invisalign. The clear trays are virtually unnoticeable to others and can be removed when needed. For Invisalign, schedule an appointment with Dr. Emalfarb by calling Lake View Dental Associates in Chicago, IL at (773) 472-6322.