Customized Full Mouth Reconstruction Can Restore Your Smile and Oral Health
Full mouth reconstruction combines several restorative treatments, resulting in a complete oral health transformation. The process could include crowns, bridges, fillings, and dental implants, among other options. Dr. Scott A. Emalfarb often includes cosmetic treatments such as porcelain veneers in a full mouth reconstruction treatment plan at his Chicago, IL, office. In this way, he can enhance both the health and the esthetics of your smile. No matter which specific procedures you choose to include, when you visit Lake View Dental Associates, you could enjoy completely personalized treatment, performed in a compassionate and friendly demeanor. Additionally, your restorations can be crafted from advanced materials that can blend seamlessly with your smile.
Are You a Candidate for Full Mouth Reconstruction?
Full mouth reconstruction can repair extensive dental damage as well as many oral health issues. This staged treatment may be a good option if you are suffering from:
- Missing teeth
- Widespread decay
- Dental infection
- Tooth erosion
- Loose teeth
- An imbalanced bite
Many of these problems—especially loose and missing teeth—result from gum disease. Therefore, if you have developed this chronic condition, full mouth reconstruction could be an excellent solution. However, you will first need to receive appropriate periodontal care before Dr. Emalfarb can begin the restorative process.
Full mouth reconstruction combines several restorative treatments, resulting in a complete oral health transformation.
Planning Your Full Mouth Reconstruction
To achieve the most effective and longest lasting results possible, Dr. Emalfarb will perform a thorough examination prior to developing a treatment plan for full mouth reconstruction. He will evaluate not only your teeth, but also your gums, head position, and neck alignment. He will carry out this evaluation using the latest dental technology, such as digital x-rays and the DEXIS® Intraoral Camera.
Once he fully understands your oral health needs, Dr. Emalfarb can create your treatment plan. Your full mouth reconstruction can be as unique as your smile. Furthermore, you will play an active role in the planning process. Dr. Emalfarb will inquire about your goals for treatment, your budget, and your timeline. Of course, your health and comfort will be his top priorities.
Full mouth reconstruction can address a number of oral health issues at once.
What Will Your Full Mouth Reconstruction Entail?
Full mouth reconstruction consists of several treatments. Typically, Dr. Emalfarb will perform them at intervals to reduce discomfort and recovery time. However, these treatments can vary widely. Options include:
- Dental crowns: Crowns are essentially caps that go on top of cracked, worn, or severely decayed teeth. Made from digital impressions, they will blend naturally with your smile.
- Dental bridges: A dental can replace one or more missing teeth in a row. It will be crafted from several attached crowns. A traditional bridge will be upheld by the two teeth adjacent to the gap in your smile.
- Dental implants: Dental implants will replace your tooth roots, supporting a new, custom-made prosthetic. Dr. Emalfarb does not place implants. However, he can refer you to a highly experienced oral surgeon. Once your implants have been placed, Dr. Emalfarb can provide your lifelike restoration.
- Dental fillings: Fillings serve a two-fold purpose: they seal cavities and they fortify weakened teeth. We use composite resin which is more natural-looking than metal amalgam and reduces the risk of dental sensitivity.
- Root canal therapy: If decay has spread to your tooth nerves, you could require root canal therapy. This treatment consists of cleaning out the inside of your tooth, filling it with gutta percha, and restoring it with a custom crown.
If you are struggling with temporomandibular joint (TMJ) disorder, we can also provide customized therapy to alleviate discomfort.
Restore the Form and Function of Your Smile
Learn more about our restorative treatments and find out which treatments we can include in your reconstruction. Contact Lake View Dental Associates online or call our office at (773) 472-6322 to schedule your consultation.